Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I was using Fedora 12 before and using the RPMFusion nVidia proprietery driver and everything was fine. On fedora 13 Im trying to use nouveau with the 3d support ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 13 - Problems with Nouveau

Hey, I was using Fedora 12 before and using the RPMFusion nVidia proprietery driver and everything was fine. On fedora 13 Im trying to use nouveau with the 3d support and for some reason i get little pink pixels appearing over my screen in ramdom places on ramdom. please see screen shot below. I used to get this on fedora 12 also before using the nvidia driver, any clues how to fix this?

also, I have two monitors (well one is a tv) any how most of the time i dont use the tv, so in the settings i switch it off, but for some reason when i log out the default settings are to use both screens and have the login prompt on the wrong monitor, how do i set my monitor settings to be so in all situations?

Many thanks

Dean
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You need to download and install the latest nVidia driver from nVidia.com. The RPMFusion version is either an older one, or beta. No repository-based nVidia drivers are up-to-date, AFAIK.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    well, they said that nouveau is the nvidia driver (well a open source version) and well it works, but i just get pink pixels about.

another thing is, if i get the driver i have to build it for every new kernel i download, which is why i want to try and leave it to package management.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by deankramer99 View Post
    well, they said that nouveau is the nvidia driver (well a open source version) and well it works, but i just get pink pixels about.

another thing is, if i get the driver i have to build it for every new kernel i download, which is why i want to try and leave it to package management.
    Well, that is a disadvantage, at least until nVidia decides to support dkms, although there is some support for that in packaged versions of nVidia drivers. Unfortunately, none of those are current drivers. It's a problem I live with, but given the advantages wrt. performance and reliability, I'll live with the need to reinstall nVidia drivers when I update the kernel...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Could you post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf file here?
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils casper View Post
    Could you post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf file here?
    there appears to be no conf file under that directory?