Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi recently i installed vmware workstation using .bundle package in redhat linux, it installed properly but when i tried to install guest os it asked license key.I couldn't find the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

VMWARE uninstallation problem in redhat linux

Hi recently i installed vmware workstation using .bundle package in redhat linux, it installed properly but when i tried to install guest os it asked license key.I couldn't find the crack so i thought of uninstalling it.I first stopped service by the following command
    /etc/init.d/vmware stop
    After that i continued to remove files in /usr/bin and other places.But it was not uninstalled completely.Then i donloaded and tried to install 30days trail version but is is not getting installed and it is showing vmware is up to date.

So,please any one tell me how to remove it completely from my system.
    Thanks in advance.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Do NOT ask for help in cracking commercial software and applications in these forums! If you need a decent (free) virtual machine then try VirtualBox from Oracle/Sun.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    @Rubberman

Thanx 4r ur reply.I don't want to crack commercial software but i want to install trail version and for that i hav to uninstall the licensed one, and i need help for this.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by vpradeep View Post
    @Rubberman

Thanx 4r ur reply.I don't want to crack commercial software but i want to install trail version and for that i hav to uninstall the licensed one, and i need help for this.
    Thanks for the clarification. My guess is that the installer used the system package installer (yum or rpm) to install the package. Have you tried this?
    Code:
    yum remove package-name
    # or
    rpm -e package-name
    where package-name is the name of the vmware package.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by vpradeep View Post
    Hi recently i installed vmware workstation using .bundle package
    Code:
    # vmware-uninstall.pl
    After that i continued to remove files in /usr/bin and other places.But it was not uninstalled completely.
    you might need to reinstall then uninstall if the uninstall.pl fails

BTW, VMware Player & VMware Server are free. If you like Workstation, it's around $200

Just Joined!
    i tried all the above methods but couldn't find the solution...nyway thanx 4r ur replies..