Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hi Mike, I get the following output I checked the dmesg. Code: # dmesg | grep -i audio # dmesg | grep -i error APIC error on CPU0: 00(40) APIC ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Hi Mike,

I get the following output I checked the dmesg.
    Code:
    # dmesg | grep -i audio
    # dmesg | grep -i error
    APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)
    APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)
    ACPI Error (psparse-0530): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.GBST] (Node f7817b88), AE_TIME
    ACPI Error (psparse-0530): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BST] (Node f7817c78), AE_TIME
    # dmesg | grep -i fail
    drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed
    ACPI Error (psparse-0530): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.GBST] (Node f7817b88), AE_TIME
    ACPI Error (psparse-0530): Method parse/execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0.LPCB.EC0_.BAT0._BST] (Node f7817c78), AE_TIME
    Does not look like anything related to audio.
    Will re-installing the sound driver help?
    Linux Rocks!!!!
    -- Rinjo
    Setup: Oses: Windows 7 HB and Fedora 17 dual boot Hardware: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX laptop, AMD A8 Quad Core, 4 GB RAM, 1.5 GB dual Graphics card, 500GB HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by rinjo View Post
    Hi Mike,

I get the following output I checked the dmesg.
    Code:
    # dmesg | grep -i audio
    # dmesg | grep -i error
    APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)
    APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)
    # dmesg | grep -i fail
    drivers/hid/usbhid/hid-core.c: usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed
    Does not look like anything related to audio.
    Will re-installing the sound driver help?
    In a nutshell, probably not. These drivers are compiled with the kernel, you would need to recompile your kernel to do that.
    You could try removing the driver will this command.
    Code:
    modprobe -r snd_hda_intel
    Then reinsert it.
    Code:
    modprobe snd_hda_intel
    Then recheck your sound system.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Angry

I tried out removing and re-inserting the driver as you had mentioned. but that did not help much.
    I am not sure, what the issue is now, but only the right output is working, when all the outputs are enabled.
    Needless to say that the MIC still doesn't work.

I have even downloaded the latest ALSA driver, compiled it and installed it. But this has not helped a bit.
    Linux Rocks!!!!
    -- Rinjo
    Setup: Oses: Windows 7 HB and Fedora 17 dual boot Hardware: HP Pavilion G6-2005AX laptop, AMD A8 Quad Core, 4 GB RAM, 1.5 GB dual Graphics card, 500GB HDD.

Is PulseAudio installed? I have heard of some users reporting nothing but trouble with PulseAudio, maybe you could try removing PulseAudio and see if that will help........it's just a wild guess at this point.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

The issue is solved now.
    I just installed all the pending security updates and bug fixes from Fedora, and now the speakers and the MIC of my laptop are working in Fedora.
    Linux Rocks!!!!
    -- Rinjo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2