Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am looking for some source package which will convert html file to text file without using perl. I mainly need to do this on an ARM platform, so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

HTML to plain text converter in C

Hi,
    I am looking for some source package which will convert html file to text file without using perl.

I mainly need to do this on an ARM platform, so if I get sources I can cross compile it. I need the source package in C.

Thanks in advance,
    Cheers!!
    -Senthil

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Why can't you use perl? It certainly runs on ARM-based systems. Anyway, I don't know of such a tool in C or C++, but I'd recommend checking on sourceforge.net since it hosts a lot of FOSS utilities of a similar nature.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. But I have my other functionalities in 'C' and really looking for this functionality in 'C'. I did search on sourceforge.net earlier itself and couldn't find any source so looking for some suggestions from experts here.

Cheers!!
    -Senthil

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, this may seem to be a "simple" problem, but there are a lot of curves in the road. The question is, exactly what do you want to get out of a web page as text? Give some examples.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Hi,

Basically I looking to extract only the text contents in html file, strip off all the html tags and html related information. Just the text content of what it displays in html file.

Cheers!!
    -Senthil