Find the answer to your Linux question:
Could anybody give me any pointers how I might start to solve this, I'm no linux expert and this is all new to me. Thanks Package: kernel Latest Crash: Sun ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 13 kernel crash

Could anybody give me any pointers how I might start to solve this, I'm no linux expert and this is all new to me.

Thanks

Package: kernel
    Latest Crash: Sun 05 Sep 2010 11:01:49 AM
    Command: not_applicable
    Reason: WARNING: at drivers/pci/search.c:44 pci_find_upstream_pcie_bridge+0x51/0x5c()
    Comment: None
    Bug Reports:

Package: kernel
    Latest Crash: Sun 05 Sep 2010 11:01:49 AM
    Command: not_applicable
    Reason: WARNING: at drivers/pci/intel-iommu.c:3791 init_dmars+0x373/0x739()
    Bug Reports:

Sorry, I never noticed I posted this in the wrong forum and I can't see an option to delete it or move it.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    You're not really in the wrong forum. The kernel forum is more for kernel programming issues. It sounds like either your kernel pci driver is broken/corrupted, or your hard drive is getting a bad sector. Have you been running this image for awhile without difficulties and it just started giving trouble, or did you do an install/update and it immediately started giving this problem on reboot?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the reply.

This is a new install, the crash happened as soon as I logged in. The update tool also updated the kernel to 2.6.34.6-47.fc13.x86_64and was still the same.

Just to test, I installed on a spare machine at work and also started getting kernel crash errors, I was wondering if it could be the disk and if I should download another and burn on another disk and try again.

Thanks

EDIT:

Just logged in and checked the machine at work and it is not a kernel crash but was caused when starting Empathy (I think)

Package: telepathy-butterfly-0.5.12-1.fc13
    Latest Crash: Thu 02 Sep 2010 09:00:42 PM
    Command: /usr/bin/python /usr/libexec/telepathy-butterfly
    Reason: weakref.py:54:__getitem__:KeyError: 1886709505
    Bug Reports:

I'm not too bothered about this one, it is more about should I be worried about the kernel crash, I don't see any difference after the crash and the machine keeps running.