Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK folks- Beat Me with a Stick ! I've used many versions of Mandrake, Red Hat, Lindows, Linspire... I got a copy of Progeny the other day. Looks good BUT, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

getting and installing Wvdial for Progeny

OK folks- Beat Me with a Stick ! I've used many versions of Mandrake, Red Hat, Lindows, Linspire... I got a copy of Progeny the other day. Looks good BUT, when I want to set up Networking for a dialUp. It says that I have to get and install Wvdial. I did an absolutly FULL and Total Install - its not there. I couldn't find it on the CD's . I could find it on the net but, I couldn' t figure out how to get it to run....

Anybody familiar with Progeny.... On a lark , I thought I'd try something new ! Sheesh

Any and all assistance would be great

Just Joined!

Re: getting and installing Wvdial for Progeny

Quote Originally Posted by 5mallen
    OK folks- Beat Me with a Stick ! I've used many versions of Mandrake, Red Hat, Lindows, Linspire... I got a copy of Progeny the other day. Looks good BUT, when I want to set up Networking for a dialUp. It says that I have to get and install Wvdial. I did an absolutly FULL and Total Install - its not there. I couldn't find it on the CD's . I could find it on the net but, I couldn' t figure out how to get it to run....

Anybody familiar with Progeny.... On a lark , I thought I'd try something new ! Sheesh

Any and all assistance would be great

I came up against that wall too... are you on dial-up?
    with my dial-up i found that pppconfig is installed and was able to auto detect my modem and set it up nicely (which Ubuntu didn't do for ?? reason)
    added the modem lights applet to my top panel and connected up .

now i just have to find out how to download kde for my daughter (apt-get not working yet, comp-get doesnt have documentation and now i'm stumped, but, it is still sweet... using gnome consistently for the first time (loooove those applets.

just type pppconfig , and it walks you through it, although you have to go into an advanced menu and setup users who you want to be able to use the modem. i think when i added the modem lights applet, it didn't work until i logged out then back in.

hope it helped