Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I just installed Fedora Core 3. Everything looks great and works fine even my sound which was a pleasent surprise as this is the frist distro i havent had ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wireless Netowrk Problem

Hi,
    I just installed Fedora Core 3. Everything looks great and works fine even my sound which was a pleasent surprise as this is the frist distro i havent had to play with it for ages to get everything working. Anyway i go off topic.
    I have been playing with the settings but i am unable to get my wirless card to activate and allow me to search for netowrks. I am not surprised that this is not working as i was expecting there to be a fair bit of trouble to get my wireless card to work as it is a PCI card in a desktop computer.
    The card is a ralink (unfortuantly i am at work so not got exact details on me) if anyone knows of where i can get hold of a driver or anywhere i can download generic drivers for a pci wireless card it would be greatky welcome. Also has anyone here had Linux working on a wireless network?

Thanks for any help in advance

SN3
    Just Joined!
    I also had the same problem, Fedora Core 3 did not even recognize my wireless Linksys PCI card.

Just Joined!
    Well when i say activate i do also meand it wont read it. Anyone got any ideas?