Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've setup a Fedora 2 as server system on a PIII Dell Server and install a phpBB Plus 1.52 as a learning platform for my school. When more than 10 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

handicapp when 20 peoples logging in the phpBB

I've setup a Fedora 2 as server system on a PIII Dell Server and install a phpBB Plus 1.52 as a learning platform for my school.

When more than 10 peoples connecting to the phpBB, it become slowing down, when more peoples connecting to the server, it become handicapp! I've check the system thru webmin, there is no short on RAM and CPU usage. Do I need to make some modification on the Apache? Or other Server program? Thx in advance.

i beleive what you need to do is to start more child processes in apache so that apache has the capacity to keep up with the requests ...in the apache config <<<(forgot proper name of the comfig)

also do u have the needed bandwidth to handle the requests on the network?
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Thanks for your reply. This problem is occured in an Intranet environment which has fibreglass backbone and switches, so I don't think this is the problem of bandwidth.

Here is part of setting in the confg of apache file:

MaxClients 100

StartServers 2
    MaxClients 100
    MinSpareThreads 25
    MaxSpareThreads 75
    ThreadsPerChild 25
    MaxRequestsPerChild 0

What should I do on the setting of apache?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close