Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: What versions of Fedora do you have installed?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

1 25.00%
  • Fedora 1

0 0%
  • Fedora 2

2 50.00%
  • Fedora 3

1 25.00%
  • I hate Fedora I use Red Hat Linux

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Entering the configuration/setup utility might just be what you want to do. If you could, go into that and write down what options you're given and I'll see if I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Entering the configuration/setup utility might just be what you want to do. If you could, go into that and write down what options you're given and I'll see if I can figure out where your boot order option would be.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    System Summary
    Product Data
    Devices and I/O Ports
    Start Options
    Date and Time
    System Security
    Advanced Setup
    ISA Legacy Resources
    Power Management

What's under "Start Options"?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    I may be an idiot on this one. I was looking at the settings in there earlier but (thinking the Startup Options text at the top was merely a header) I didn't look in there. It was actually a link for the startup order. And while I say all this Fedora 2 has come up on the screen. Hopefully this will work fine here on in. Thanks for the help. If I wasn't so impatient I might not have asked this question in the first place. Thanks so much for the help though. Appreciate it.

Rob

Just Joined!
    One quick question, however, installing this way (without partitioning) will rid me of Red Hat Linux 7.2.... correct? I don't really care about losing any files since this is merely a test machine.

You're given the option of either upgrading the existing installation, which will keep your home directory intact, or just doing a clean install, which I gather is what you want to do. Clean installs usually give you the least amount of problems, and upgrading from 7.2 is a big enough upgrade that things could get hairy, so I'd recommend you do a new install.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    First question : Just wondering if there was a way of telling after an installation what type of installation was performed (i.e. personal, workstation, server)?
    Second question : Does KDE get installed with all types of installations?

Thanks.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by roberthpike
    First question : Just wondering if there was a way of telling after an installation what type of installation was performed (i.e. personal, workstation, server)?
    Second question : Does KDE get installed with all types of installations?

Thanks.
    Rob
    Not really sure, since I always do custom installs, but I would think that KDE (or any graphical environment) isn't part of the server package, or at least it shouldn't be. If you installed the Personal or Workstation installs, you're probably in good shape though. Anything you're missing is only a couple of commands away.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2