Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've just installed Fedora 14, with gnome desktop and I'm trying to install my lexmark s605 printer. The message I received was /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed. Can someone tell me what ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    JTH
    Just Joined!

Question [SOLVED] Lexmark installation

Hi,
    I've just installed Fedora 14, with gnome desktop and I'm trying to install my lexmark s605 printer. The message I received was /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed. Can someone tell me what this means, and what I need to do .
    Thank you
    jth

Just Joined!
    foomatic-rip likely cannot find a driver for that printer. I do not see that printer in the list of supported Fedora 14 printers.

I did see that Lexmark has a Redhat/Fedora rpm packaged driver for that printer. Have you tried downloading and installing it?

JTH
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jselover View Post
    foomatic-rip likely cannot find a driver for that printer. I do not see that printer in the list of supported Fedora 14 printers.

I did see that Lexmark has a Redhat/Fedora rpm packaged driver for that printer. Have you tried downloading and installing it?
    jselover. Sorry for the delay in answereing your very helpful reply. I have downloaded the driver and all seems to be OK now. Another hurdle completed. Thank you for support.
    Kind regards
    jth

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close