Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi everyone i work with centos5.2 without GUI with kernel 2.6.37(i had to activate an option in kernel "enable deprecated sysfs features to support old user-spaces" if not you get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KVM guest

hi everyone
    i work with centos5.2 without GUI with kernel 2.6.37(i had to activate an option in kernel "enable deprecated sysfs features to support old user-spaces" if not you get kernel panic) i also activate the kvm module support, i instaled the libraries that i needed and qemu-kvm0.14. the n i loaded the kvm and kvm-intel modules till here everything went fine.
    so i created a disk image to install the guest OS with these option "/usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-img create -f qcow2 vdisk.img 10G"
    then i applied this command to install the guest OS(centos5.2_32b.iso) in the disk image : "/usr/local/kvm/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 -hda vdisk.img -cdrom /path/to/boot-media.iso -boot d -m 1024"(the path is where i have the OS iso)
    after this my host printed "VNC server running on `127.0.0.1:5900`" i don't know what does it means.
    i have been waiting for more than an hour to wait if it is really installing the guest OS in that disk image or if it is only stuck with the installing guest OS operation
    i don't know if i am doing it right or if i have missed something.
    i would be gald if someone that has installed a kvm without GUI can tell me something about all this mess.
    thx all!!

Hi there,

The message means that there is a vnc session running on port 5900 that you could connect to with a program like vncviewer. This would allow you to see what was going on. Once the guest is installed, you may be able to ssh to it directly.