Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone. . Im new to this community and I hope ill be welcome to you guys Can I ask my 1st question? did fedora 11 compatible to Geforce 95GT ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Smile Fedora 11 compatibly

Hi everyone. .
    Im new to this community and I hope ill be welcome to you guys

Can I ask my 1st question?
    did fedora 11 compatible to Geforce 95GT super? or did fedora 11 compatible to mother board SuperMicro X8SIE? bcoz I cant install my Video card

Can anyone help me. . Thx. .

Fedora 11 reached end of life in June of 2010. I recommend installing a currently maintained version. The latest stable is Fedora 14 and Fedora 15 is scheduled for release in about a month.

The process for installing the non-free nvidia drivers is about the same in all of them, though.
    Fedora 11 Nvidia driver will not work | Fedora | Linux Tutorial

Linux Newbie
    Fedora does not support Nvidia proprietary drivers.

I would suggest you migrate to something like Debian. Try Debian Mint which's Debian based.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dE_logics View Post
    Fedora does not support Nvidia proprietary drivers.
    Most distros force you to add the NVIDA drivers after the install as they are not open sourced code. It is easy to add them afterward. A very good site to help yoou install mp3, video, fonts, etc can be found at: The Unofficial Fedora FAQ

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alf55 View Post
    Most distros force you to add the NVIDA drivers after the install as they are not open sourced code. It is easy to add them afterward. A very good site to help yoou install mp3, video, fonts, etc can be found at: The Unofficial Fedora FAQ
    What I meant to say was that, unlike in Debian it's not in their official repository, yeah there might be third party repositories like with Debian (Debian-multimedia).

Just Joined!
    Hello Youngtrigun, welcome to one of the best Linux forums on the planet. If you cannot solve the problem with the expert advice you get from here I will be very surprised. I myself am a very old (69 years) newbie and having a lot of time on my hands, have trolled the linux web for info' but found none better than this forum. Just ask, try, and enjoy. Good luck ,Bob.

Just Joined!
    I have a solution. there are compatible to each other I just need to configure it 1st to the terminal. I go to the root and type "nvidia-setting"

Thank you Guys to your suggestion