Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a folder mapped to my MS Skydrive on my Win7 laptop, and I want to do the same on my school Linux account to share files. Does anybody ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

virtual skydrive

I have a folder mapped to my MS Skydrive on my Win7 laptop, and I want to do the same on my school Linux account to share files. Does anybody know how to do this?

Not possible.

You mapped it as a network drive on your windows box
    So you already know, that skydrive is basically a WebDav ressource.
    (Be aware though, that the hostname can and will change from time to time.
    So you need to redo the steps every now and then)

linux/mac/etc can work with WebDav.
    But the problem is, that ms implemented a highly proprietary authentication schema on SkyDrive.
    And -surprise, surprise- that auth only works with windows clients.

So: NoGo
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

I need to contradict myself:
    SkyDrive Synchronizer - Home

But still, the use of mono and a (seemingly deserted) beta software just to mount a webdav seems tedious..
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

Best option?

What is the next best thing? I can't install dropbox on the servers, although I am looking into a alternative dropbox install that doesn't require administrator privledges. For those of you who swap file frequently, which method do you prefer? I am back and forth between my laptop and the labs 3-5 times each day.

Just Joined!

Wuala

It can be installed as the current user using the tarball AFAIK. works in Windows, Linux, OS X, Android, and iOS. It's based on Java, so it has absolutely the same features, the same GUI and everything is the same in Windows, Max and Linux. Also, Linux is officially supported, just like on Dropbox. You can make your space bigger sharing space. It consists on letting Wuala use a portion of your HDD. Depending on how much you're connected and how much space you let Wuala use, you will be able to get more or less space as reward.

It's absolutely free, still the "basic" package has everything you need, and it's way bigger than what Dropbox uses. You can make it even bigger subscribing. Or you can also use discount codes.

If you use my referral to sign up, you'll get an extra GB and you'll give me some very appreciated Mbs, so I would love if you use it. http : // www . wuala.com/referral/HPKH746J5JPGPF5KJJ45

Just Joined!
    Wuala sounds like it would be a good option... but I can't install it on the school's servers.

Just Joined!
    You actually don't need to, just get the universal package from the web and run the binary executable file.