Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Hi I would like to know the procedure of updating the Gnome with and ISO file. Have downloaded Gnome 3 from Gnome.org in ISO Format. But unable to get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation Upgrading the Gnome 2.16 to Gnome 3

Hello Hi

I would like to know the procedure of updating the Gnome with and ISO file. Have downloaded Gnome 3 from Gnome.org in ISO Format. But unable to get the Gnome updated with USB Stick

Regards
    Vikas Kanojia

oz
    forum.guy
    Gnome 2.16 to Gnome 3 is a huge leap because they are totally different animals, so I'd recommend doing a fresh install of Gnome rather than an upgrade if you want a clean install.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Gnome 2.16 to Gnome 3 is a huge leap because they are totally different animals, so I'd recommend doing a fresh install of Gnome rather than an upgrade if you want a clean install.
    Ohhh.. But the new Red hat linux distro doesnt come up with Gnome 3

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Not sure if this helps but
    joysofprogramming dot com/install-gnome-shell-fedora-rhel/

I am not sure if this helps, but if you go to opensuse's repository index, they have the Gnome 3 build iso.

you can download the Gnome 3 build iso image for 64-bit and 32-bit, I have no idea if it will install Opensuse as well or just the Gnome 3 desktop, as I am currently in the process of downloading it.

Worst comes to worst you end up installing Opensuse 11.4 or alternatively you could go from source and use Jhbuild?