Find the answer to your Linux question:
I currently have a development machine where I have installed all the applications I need and tested a system configuration that accomplishes all of my objectives. Is it possible to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

possible to convert current centos install to iso?

I currently have a development machine where I have installed all the applications I need and tested a system configuration that accomplishes all of my objectives.

Is it possible to take this running system and save it into an iso with all of the current installed applications and settings (including some applications that were installed from source and custom configured).

I need to deploy this same system setup on a relatively large number of machines with slightly different hardware (although all x86_64).

I would like to install using this custom created iso on all the machines so I don't have to start from the base centos on each one manually configure/install applications.

Does anybody know if this is possible?

oz
    forum.guy
    I'd recommend making a system archive or image with something like FSArchiver or Clonezilla, then you can restore that archive / image to your other computers. If the hardware is all different, it may or may not work, depending on the hardware.

Otherwise, you might be able to use something like Revisor or Kickstart:

Revisor - FedoraProject

revisor: Fedora compose/customize tool - Linux man page

Chapter*31.*Kickstart Installations

Maybe other members will offer up some additional suggestions.
    oz