Find the answer to your Linux question:
non recognition of Disk 2 when attempting to install appware... I see from RH bugzilla it has been resolved. Any aid in resolving this is appreciated....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can someone point me to a bugfix for "#100445"

non recognition of Disk 2 when attempting to install appware...

I see from RH bugzilla it has been resolved. Any aid in resolving this is appreciated.

Re: Can someone point me to a bugfix for "#100445"

Quote Originally Posted by DrEntropy
    non recognition of Disk 2 when attempting to install appware...

I see from RH bugzilla it has been resolved. Any aid in resolving this is appreciated.
    Could you be a bit more specific? I for one don't spend my time reading bug trackers, so I haven't the foggiest idea what your problem is. We're all willing to help, but we need more information.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Just Joined!
    sorry...

RH9 on two old AMD boxes quite dissimilar. GNOME as the GUI on both. When trying to install *any* RPM package requiring files not already installed, it requests to "Insert disk 2" then continually reshows the request panel even though it is in the drive. hitting "OK" just brings it up again and again.

The disk will mount with either machine: It installed the O/S on both machines "like buttah." Both are on a LAN, one as a server. No other problems whatsoever. I can read it (the #2 CD) with anything from Nautilus to a term window, it just ~is not recognized~ during an RPM package install. Maddening. Now that RH has stopped support, I feel as if I'm hangin' in th' breeze. This was a *boxed* distro, BTW. so there's no ISO download issue. It has been "resolved" according to RH Bugzilla, but I can't seem to find the definitive fix anyplace.

I'm not exactly a newbie, having bashed me nodge against RH off-an-on since v6.0 but I have VERY limited "stick-time" down in the Linux trenches. Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

I did a little more research in that particular bug, and it said it was a duplicate of another bug, found here. There's a link also to a newer version of the redhat-config-packages rpm file, but since this bug is dated around the 20th of October this year, it may be older than the version you have. Nonetheless, hope that helps a bit.

Oh, further down on that page a poster named "Carmine" has this little code snippet to try:

Quote Originally Posted by carmine
    a much easier way is to do the following:
    insert the fedora core 2 cd disk 1
    Code:
    cd /
    system-cdinstall-helper /mnt/cdrom
    the cd should now have launched
    good luck
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants