when i try to install setup tools by running this command:

Code:
./setuptools-0.6c12dev_r88124-py2.7.egg
i get:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):                                                                                      
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>                                                                                  
zipimport.ZipImportError: can't decompress data; zlib not available
but whe I do a: yum search zlib i get:

Code:
================================ Matched: zlib =================================                                        
perl-Archive-Tar.noarch : A module for Perl manipulation of .tar files                                                  
iptstate.x86_64 : A top-like display of IP Tables state table entries                                                   
jzlib.x86_64 : JZlib re-implementation of zlib in pure Java                                                             
jzlib-demo.x86_64 : Examples for jzlib                                                                                  
jzlib-javadoc.x86_64 : Javadoc for jzlib                                                                                
perl-Compress-Zlib.x86_64 : A module providing Perl interfaces to the zlib                                              
                          : compression library.                                                                        
perl-IO-Zlib.noarch : Perl IO:: style interface to Compress::Zlib                                                       
zlib.i386 : The zlib compression and decompression library.                                                             
zlib.x86_64 : The zlib compression and decompression library.                                                           
zlib-devel.i386 : Header files and libraries for Zlib development.                                                      
zlib-devel.x86_64 : Header files and libraries for Zlib development.
why does it say zlib is not available when tring to install setuptools