Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
There is a specific method for adding proxy info to / for yum. From memory, the configuration is done in /etc/yum.conf but since I'm at work at the moment I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

There is a specific method for adding proxy info to / for yum. From memory, the configuration is done in /etc/yum.conf but since I'm at work at the moment I don't have access to my notes. What you need can be found with a Google search (I've found it in the past this way) or from the Fedora documentation and several forums such as this one.
    Glenn
    Powered by Fedora

Just Joined!
    Yes, I forgot that I did that as well. I have added the line proxy=myproxyinfoort/ to the end of yum.conf.

I used to information for proxyinfo and port number that I used in order to get the basic web browsing to work on this computer.

Still no luck :/

Just Joined!
    UPDATE:

I have upgraded my system to Fedora 14, hoping that the repos which are still active would work better. But, I am getting the same errors when using yum. This leads me to believe this is a problem using our proxy and not with the fedora.repo file.

Anybody with experience setting up Linux with a corporate proxy, please help!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2