Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello friends Since i have heard about Linux(3 month) i thought that i will try it. I try to install many versions of Linux on my PC but every time ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

will fedora run in my PC

Hello friends
    Since i have heard about Linux(3 month) i thought that i will try it. I try to install many versions of Linux on my PC but every time i failed. I have tried UBUNTU 10.10 it does not run in GUI mode just run in Terminal similar is with case of Linux mint opensuse run for a little time but after a minute of start it hangs all input devices(keyboard and mouse) stopped working.
    This time i think to try Fedora 15. Will it run in my PC.
    MY system properties
    2.67 Intel P4 processor
    1 GB of RAM
    32 bit architecture
    NO GRAPHIC CARD.

I have already asked this question to some persons they all say that due to no graphic card you were not able to run Linux. So before downloading Fedora i am asking to you will it run in my computer. if not then which distro should i try.
    thanks

vkash!

I'm pretty sure it will run without a GUI. I have not tried it myself though. I suggest you try to google some options and try different choices until you find something that will serve your purpose.

regards,

nujinini
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

As you were told on another forum nothing would be working if you had no graphics cards that includes windows, you may have a low end card or a integrated card, with that being said are you 100% sure your partitioning your hard drive correctly or have you tried Ubuntu with the windows loader ?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter632 View Post
    As you were told on another forum nothing would be working if you had no graphics cards that includes windows, you may have a low end card or a integrated card, with that being said are you 100% sure your partitioning your hard drive correctly or have you tried Ubuntu with the windows loader ?
    I am not sure but i think it is integrated card. Tell me will fedora run in my PC.
    More system properties
    graphic adapter Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)
    if you want to know about monitor that is Generic PnP Monitor
    mother board information as i know : MotherBoard Version: ZX-I945LM4 Ver: 1.5 BIOS SIZE: 4M Date: 01/15/09
    manufacturer z945c and system model z945c010
    I don't think even more information required. If required then tell me.

Trusted Penguin
    Yeah, that sounds like an integrated VGA adapter - a very common one. Fedora 15 should be fine. If you are hesitant, I would recommend using the Live version of the distro first - this is a quick and easy way to check hardware compatibility. If you are satisfied with it, then you can install it later.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Yeah, that sounds like an integrated VGA adapter - a very common one. Fedora 15 should be fine. If you are hesitant, I would recommend using the Live version of the distro first - this is a quick and easy way to check hardware compatibility. If you are satisfied with it, then you can install it later.
    Actually I ask this question because Ubuntu 10.10, opensuse 11.3 gnome,Linux mint 10 did not run. can you tell me whats reason that they not supported. I am not fully sure that there is integrated card it is just an idea. See data i put here.

You'll need to define "Ubuntu 10.10, opensuse 11.3 gnome,Linux mint 10 did not run". Any errors or can you tell us what happens that makes you say it will not run?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by vkash View Post
    Actually I ask this question because Ubuntu 10.10, opensuse 11.3 gnome,Linux mint 10 did not run. can you tell me whats reason that they not supported. I am not fully sure that there is integrated card it is just an idea. See data i put here.
    Well, I have no idea why those distros did not run (see MikeTbob's response).

I'm fairly certain that you do have an integrated Intel graphics adapter - at least that it what googling the Intel z945c motherboard reports - anyway, where did you get that Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family info from?

Just Joined!
    I see no reason why any of the popular linux distributions should fail. Best guess is that you somehow do something wrong, though I don't really see what it should be, other than messing around with dual boot and such, which usually still works out with distributions like ubuntu.

Personally I'd give Debian 6.0 (squeeze) a go. The installation is very simple as long as you follow the path. Just make sure that the graphical desktop environment is installed is selected, assuming you want that, otherwise it won't be installed.

Best of luck.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacariaz View Post
    I see no reason why any of the popular linux distributions should fail. Best guess is that you somehow do something wrong, though I don't really see what it should be, other than messing around with dual boot and such, which usually still works out with distributions like ubuntu.

Personally I'd give Debian 6.0 (squeeze) a go. The installation is very simple as long as you follow the path. Just make sure that the graphical desktop environment is installed is selected, assuming you want that, otherwise it won't be installed.

Best of luck.
    No before installing i see full tutorial on internet.
    See better information on graphics of my PC (this may help)
    i type dxdiag in RUN in display tab
    DEVICE
    name Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)
    manufacturer Intel Corporation
    Chip type Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    DAC type Internal
    Approx total memory 251MB
    current display mode 1024*768(32 bit)(60Hz)
    monitor generic PnP Monitor.
    DirectX feature
    direct draw acceleration enabled
    direct 3d acceleration enabled
    APG texture acceleration enabled
    DRIVERS
    main driver igdumd32.dll
    version 8.15.10.1749
    date 7/14/2009
    WHQL logo'd n/a
    DDI version 9EX
    driver model WDDM 1.0

After all i note in lower part saying no problem found
    My Pc can't tell me more than this about graphic card(I think so).
    I use a tool from internet to find out better what's graphic card am i using. see this image(remove spaces in word google )

docs.g o o g l e.com/leaf?id=0B5ZURGN4IHlTYWI1ZmMxOWItZjQwNC00OGVlLWI3M zEtNjdlY2JmODVjNDMx&hl=en_GB&authkey=CP6CwqAF

this is third party software tool.
    Guys now tell why opensuse,ubuntu,linux mint did not work?????????????????
    What you think about xubuntu 11.4 this has RAM requirment of 512 MB only(recommended). but this xubuntu so i am fearing that will it not run like ubuntu.