Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guyes that's my first publish in this forum so i hope you can help me now and in future. So whats my problem I used Mdk 10 and when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora Core 3 hang

Hi guyes that's my first publish in this forum so i hope you can help me now and in future. So whats my problem I used Mdk 10 and when Fedora Core 3 appeared I decide to taste it. So i download 5 disks 4 Fedora and 1 rescue I check MD5 Sums and everything was fine but when i start installing i choose language and after it i stop to read something and Fedora hang so i tryed it again but this time Fedora hang when i reach partitioning so this repeat several times and every time to a different place if i stop to read something Fedora hang and if i push next too fast Fedora hang again. So i start installing by default and didn't read anything i just push next next next and at the end Fedora was Installed but when i start for first time it hangs again (no keybord no mouse no anything) next time i start i tried start application from console but it failed again the same thing no matter if i am su or user. I asked in Bulgarian linux forum but just one guy told me to memtestx86 I tried but everything is ok i check and cd media it was fine too. I'll be very thankfull if somebody give me an idea what could be.
    I don't thing it is HW problem because just before Fedora i was with Mdk

MB Asus A7V8X, Asus V7700, 512 DDR PQI, HDD 20 Maxtor , Athlon 1700+

PP: I forgot to explain that i have the same problem with SuSE 9.1 Per (but MD5 Sums wasn't right )
    Only Mandrake work without any problems

Just Joined!
    I didn't expect too MUCH help

Thank you anyway

Linux Enthusiast
    I don't know about all the hang problems, but I do know that when I install, for some bizzare reason, if i click on the middle HD bar in the partitioning section, it hangs. Don't know if that's related to your problem or not.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close