Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello! I have problem with the latest linux distors, there is no light on the screen its a acer sprite 7715z, i had ubuntu 9.04/10.04 and opensuse(dont remeber what version ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation no light with acer aspire 7715z[no new linux version works]

Hello!

I have problem with the latest linux distors, there is no light on the screen

its a acer sprite 7715z, i had ubuntu 9.04/10.04 and opensuse(dont remeber what version it was) on it before and it worked fine

I tryed the latest versions of opensuse, debian, fedora & ubuntu and it no light on the screen after it booted the system

i searched on google a while and i found some bug reports about same problem: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/756579

so what can i do? is it something with the kernel? How can i fix this?

I seriously need linux for my job.. (We are switching from windows to linux and i have to get used to it so i can keep my job)

Thanks in advance!!

Linux Guru
    What do you mean by no light on the screen? Can you not see anything? black screen? More details as to what happens and exactly the circumstance.

If earlier versions of Linux worked, why not use one that worked?

Just Joined!
    yes it it just black screen... Its some problem with xorg but i cant figure out what

testated to install arch linux 20min ago, everything was ok til i installed xorg and got the black screen again

Linux Guru
    Did you install Arch from an installation CD? You were able to do this successfully and see steps on the screen? Did you complete the install, reboot and install xorg?

Run this command from Arch or from the CD if you can't boot Arch to get info: lspci | grep -i vga.

Someone may be able to help. More details on what you did or what happened would be useful.

Just Joined!

Live CD

Try out a live CD, and check. If it fails, then maybe the distros don't yet support the HW.

Just Joined!
    After turning the machine edit and add to the GRUB kernel line:

init="/usr/sbin/setpci -s 00:02.0 F4.B=00" acpi_osi=Linux

More information You can find here ---> wiki.archlinux.pl/Intel