Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Everyone, I just installed FC3 on my computer a few days ago, and so far everything has been working fine. However, I recently found out that when I try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    eck
    Just Joined!

Audio CDs Don't Have Sound

Hello Everyone,

I just installed FC3 on my computer a few days ago, and so far everything has been working fine. However, I recently found out that when I try to play audio CDs in my computer, I don't get any sound. I found this odd because I get sound when I run system-config-soundcard. I have also installed Real Player and successfully used it to play audio. When I run KsCD, for example, (this is true of other program I've tried) the program recognizes the CD, retrieves the track information from the internet, and starts playing the CD, but still no sound. The volume bar in the program is at 100%. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to get this problem resolved?

try running
    Code:
    alsamixer
    in command line and check that nothing's muted, also look at the other mixers such as KAMix. and gamix;

dylunio
    Registered Linux User #371543!
    Get force-get May The Source Be With You
    /dev/null
    /dev/null2

eck
    Just Joined!

Problem Solved

Thanks for pointing me to the mixers. I was able to get audio after fiddling around with KMix

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close