Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok guys I'm a bit new to Linux I have installed it before and now I had to replace my hard drives. My curent set up is 2 80 gig ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Can't Install Red Hat 9 OR Fedora 3

Ok guys I'm a bit new to Linux I have installed it before and now I had to replace my hard drives. My curent set up is 2 80 gig WD 8MB drives and a segate SATA 120 gig drive. Now 1 of the 80's is just for linux nothing on it what so ever. I have winblows XP and I want to install Linux. I'm going to school at ITT Tech and we're starting linux so I need it installed and I want it bad. SO my problem is this when I try boot off the cd into Red Hat 9 it hangs after it see's the 2 80 gigs on IRQ 5 so I figured no big deal I'll try Fedora Core 3 and when it boots from the first cd it says disableing IRQ5 try booting with ACPI disabled. THen I said ok at least this tells me why it's mad and won't boot. SO I disabled ACPI in bios and still nothing. I've been beating my brains out trying to figure this out on my own BUT I've come to the point where I need help. So can anyone tell me what I need to change or to to get Linux to finaly install on my box. If you need more info please let me know I can get it in no time for ya.

Just Joined!
    Got it fixed now I just need to edit the grub to get my Red Hat and Fedora both to boot. I'm useing fedora 3 right now all I had to do was change a setting in bios for my Serial ATA.