Find the answer to your Linux question:
hii everyone. well, i had installed fedora 14 and everything was fine.But I needed to enable 3d acceleration and for that i installed nvidia drivers using help of the below ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry Fedora 14 !stuck in many issues . .

hii everyone.

well, i had installed fedora 14 and everything was fine.But I needed to enable 3d acceleration and for that i installed nvidia drivers using help of the below link

fedora-14-nvidia-drivers-install-guide-disable-nouveau-driver

I skipped the second step in it.
    and I used this command to install the drivers ::::: yum install akmod-nvidia xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs

Since then, I wasn't able to boot in GUI mode. Fedora freezes at splash screen.

my xorg log >>>>>>>>>>> ( kindly adjust ) >>>> m unable to post my xorg.log as my post count < 15

at last when I tried to switch to runlevel 3 by command "init 3",

I get following error >>>>>>>

Dir missing :

/usr/src/kernel/2.6.35.6.45.fc14.i686/

/usr/modules/2.6.35.6.45.fc.14. . ./build/

when I navigated through the above path, kernel version showed different. (kernel-2.6.35.13-92.fc14.i686)

$rpm -qa kernel
    kernel-2.6.35.6-45.fc14.i686

(i guess my kernel somehow got updated )

I want to boot into gui mode with 3d acceleration effects .

Can any1 help me here ?????

Thanks in advance

Trusted Penguin
    Have you tried the Linux drivers from Nvidia's driver download website?

Whenever I'm dissatisfied with either the nouveau or nv drivers, I end up trying theirs. You do need the kernel sources in place, though (yum install kernel-devel or kernel-PAE-devel).

In any case, you should probably rpm -e whatever nouveau drivers you installed and start over, either w/Nvidia's binary or the Xorg/Fedora nvidia driver package.

Just Joined!
    I was having same problem with Nvidia. After replacement to ATI Display card everything is fine. In my 7 years experience with Mandriva Linux I am of opinion that Nvidia cards are not working properly in Linux as Nvidia do not give free & proper Linux drivers.