Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello, I have some servers with Red Hat 4 and other with Red Hat 5. In Red Hat 4, I don't have installed yum's package and I would like to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Check Updates Security with up2date

Hello,

I have some servers with Red Hat 4 and other with Red Hat 5.
    In Red Hat 4, I don't have installed yum's package and I would like to know what is the same command of : "yum check-update --security" but with up2date in rhel4

Thanks so much!

Christiam

Trusted Penguin
    The Red Hat Knowledge Base has a good article on up2date/rpm commands and their equivalent yum commands.

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the quickly response, however, in this article I don't find something for "yum check-update --security"

Thanks

Best Regards

Trusted Penguin
    "yum check-update" shows me the same output as "yum list updates" and according to that article, that is the same as "up2date -l". As for the "--security" switch, what is that? I get an error when I try to pass that to yum.

Just Joined!
    It is a dependency: yum-security is a RedHat yum plugin that allows you to specify only security updates, not bugfixes.

Just Joined!
    If you look in Google "yum-security" you will see what is that (I can't post websites yet )

thanks
    Christiam

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbvmnbv View Post
    It is a dependency: yum-security is a RedHat yum plugin that allows you to specify only security updates, not bugfixes.
    Ah, cool - just installed it. Yeah, I don't see a way to do a security-specific listing of packages using up2date.

Can you not install yum on your RHEL 4 box and configure it to use RHN? Isn't that what RHEL 5/6 do? I really don't know, I don't use/have a RHN, but I've used yum to update a RHEL 6 box at some other location once that did have RHN configured.
    Last edited by atreyu; 08-18-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo

Just Joined!
    No I can't . Its a production environment and we can't touch anything

I will keep lookinf for something similar

Thanks anyway

Just Joined!
    Anyones know something about this?
    I haven't find any information to do this with up2date. I can access via red hat portal, but its not a good solution. I spend a lot of time.

thanks

Regards

Just Joined!
    How do you get up2date to run? I am trying to update net-snmp and get the error:
    There was an SSL error: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast