Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
When I was turning on my laptop, I went to 'setup' by pressing F2, and saw a thing that said 'wireless'. turns out it was turned off. Epic facepalm moment, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

When I was turning on my laptop, I went to 'setup' by pressing F2, and saw a thing that said 'wireless'. turns out it was turned off. Epic facepalm moment, the wifi works now. But can you tell me how to get a media player working on here? neither Rhythmbox nor Audacious will work.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by ferniferousfern View Post
    can you tell me how to get a media player working on here? neither Rhythmbox nor Audacious will work.
    You'll need to give more info about how they don't work before anyone can help you.

Details about what they are doing or not doing along with any error messages you received are usually good things to add to such help requests.
    oz

Just Joined!
    well, both music players say that I don't have the correct plugins, and that they can't find the correct ones to make them work. similarly, I just found that online videos won't work because adobe flash player doesn't work, and I can't figure out how to install gnash, which allegedly will make online videos work with Fedora. I wish it could just be simple.

Well, for the Flash Player, this page should help.
    Personal Fedora 12 Installation Guide

You can check out the section on Media Players as well.
    Last edited by jayd512; 08-21-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added info
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    thank you! i got online videos to work now. None of the media player on that page would work though, apparently they don't have the right plugins or something.

If you scroll up on that same page, you'll come to a section regarding media players.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    If you scroll up on that same page, you'll come to a section regarding media players.
    yes, I saw that and tried all of those media players. I was consistently told that there weren't the right plugins, or that it couldn't install because it could find the file, or nothing at all happened after typing in the commands.

What type of videos are you having problems with?
    Are you streaming from a website? Playing a DVD?
    Jay

New Member FAQ

To get your audio working, you should visit RPM Fusion - RPM Fusion and add their repositories to your system. The instructions are simple enough, you just download the free and non-free config files which should install automatically if you're using a browser like firefox. Then you can use the 'yum' command (as root, just like you did above) to install all the codecs and plugins that should make it all work. Something like 'yum install gstreamer-ffmpeg gstreamer-plugins-bad gstreamer-plugins-bad-nonfree' might just sort it out.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    What type of videos are you having problems with?
    Are you streaming from a website? Playing a DVD?
    I got online videos to work by figuring out how to install gnash but no media players will do music or videos for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast