Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys Im trying to connect an analytical balance to my fedora linux machine and its seems its not compabitble. It looks as if i do not have the correct ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hardware Compatibility

Hi Guys
    Im trying to connect an analytical balance to my fedora linux machine and its seems its not compabitble. It looks as if i do not have the correct balance card drivers. How do i install the drivers for the balance card on fedora? Thanks

Just Joined!
    Your best bet is to go to the manufacturer's website and download the provided drivers for your OS (if it supports that OS). If it claims to support a Linux OS (or specific distro) it should have some installation documentation for the drivers, or at least a README, of how to properly install the driver. You will have to give more specifics (balance type, card type, manufacturer, what you've tried so far..., any errors, etc.) though if anyone is going to be able to help you.

Cheers.

Just Joined!
    Thanks
    Now I have visted to manufacturers website and hopefully i have downloaded the right drivers, but unfortunately i have another problem that would not allow me to continue with the installation. When I boot the fedora machine, it gets into the interactive setup and continuosly gives messages such as SCSI device sda:write cache:enabled, red cache:enabled, doesnt support DPO or FUA. I dont understand how I should get into root and be able to create a folder and do the installation, how do i do that or how can i get into the interface mode. Thanks again for helping.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Those SCSI/sda messages are normal (just the kernel detecting your hard drive), but it *should* boot all the way into a console (text) login, or a graphical login screen. If it does not, then report the last thing you see in your console here.

If you do get to console login, then log in as root and you can do something like this to make a directory to hold your software source:
    Code:
    mkdir -p /opt/software/
    Then copy the source there somehow (either from USB disk, or download it to there via wget, etc.).

Then follow their instructions to install the software.

If you get to a graphical login, then log in as a regular user. Once at the desktop, launch a terminal window (how to do this varies by Linux distro/Desktop environment). Once at the terminal, change to the root user with the "su" command, e.g.:
    Code:
    su -
    Then enter root's password at the prompt. Now proceed with the above instructions to create the software directory, etc.