Find the answer to your Linux question:
Dear devils casper & nrp, I am facing the same issue now, I have attached Disk management snapshop while installing RHEL 5.4 Server 32 bit , i am trying to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    rrv
    Just Joined!

Arrow Dual Boot problem- WinXp RHEL5- Error in Partitioning

Dear devils casper & nrp,
    I am facing the same issue now, I have attached Disk management snapshop

while installing RHEL 5.4 Server 32 bit , i am trying to create swap of 7GB & /boot of 500MB in unallocated free space (51.2GB)

In this procedure i am uable to create both, only one it creates either /boot or swap next one if i try to create gives same problem

"Error in Partitioning-
    Could not allocate requested partition : Partition failed: not enough space left to create partition for none.
    "

Can eloborate or suggest step by step what needs to be done

Thanks for your support
    early response would be appreciated

RRV
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello and Welcome.
    I've moved your thread here for better exposure. It's usually a good idea to create your own threads.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru
    You will need to first create an Extended partition and then create a logical partition within it for both the boot partition and the swap. If you don't know how to do this, post back.

Personally, I would not use Windows to create partitions. Parted Magic has a bootable CD (.iso). Using it you can turn flags on and off - and have greater access to your disk because you cannot do anything to and active partition.

I just do not trust Windows to do this. I have XP/Debian. Even after complete initial rebuild, Windows partition is flagged with an error so it cannot be further manipulated by any software. So I built everything from scratch and determined allocations beforehand.

I would be on the lookout for hyjinx.

rrv
    Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by yancek View Post
    You will need to first create an Extended partition and then create a logical partition within it for both the boot partition and the swap. If you don't know how to do this, post back.
    Hi Yancek,
    If possible Can you please eloborate step by step procedure,

Appreciate your suggestion on this

Thanks

Linux Guru
    The image you posted in your first post shows two primary partitions and an Extended partition (labelled as G and outlined in green). You will need to extend that to include the unallocated space at the end of the drive and then create logical partitions there. You might be able to do this with windows tools but I am not familiar with them so can't help you there. You could also download Parted Magic CD, burn it as an image and boot from it and resize your Extended partition to include the unallocated space. I've never used Red Hat so I don't know what partition tool it uses.