Find the answer to your Linux question:
Installing Centos 5 raid 1 on two 1.5tb drives. Had luck with raid 0 cpanal install. With LSI Raid 1 I can see it's installing the OS on both drives ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Probably simple....install centos 5 / raid 1

Installing Centos 5 raid 1 on two 1.5tb drives. Had luck with raid 0 cpanal install. With LSI Raid 1 I can see it's installing the OS on both drives (drive traffic lights) and everything goes well until the CD ejection reboot. Once booted (cd pulled) is cannot find the OS. Tried it x2 same results. Ctrl-m in LSI show the logical vlm with the pair of raid 1's but still no os on boot.

It's been a couple years since I've practiced Linux, but I know I'm missing something here considering I've loaded centos/cpanel raid 0 several times on this machine. I'm lost when it comes to Mirroring. Both drives are 1.5's, everything seems to load correctly to both... It's just right after reboot I get the error.

I run 5 here on raid 1. Is grub installed on the mbr?

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    did you include the RAID adapter drivers into the kernel? you probably need to pass some additional options to the kernel when booting