Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have fedora-13 installed on my system parallel with Windows 7. My problem is I can't connect to the internet from fedora since it needs the network card to be ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Fedora 13 - Linux kernel source not found

I have fedora-13 installed on my system parallel with Windows 7.
    My problem is I can't connect to the internet from fedora since it needs the network card to be installed. But when I try to make ('make install') the extracted tar.gz file, it shows 'Linux kernel source not found'

I can't go online and do any thing to solve the problem since it is the network card that needs to be installed.

Please help

Just Joined!
    what network card is it ? (wireless or not ?) and please provide the output of lspci to get the model of your card

Trusted Penguin
    Re: getting kernel source installed, I assume you actually CAN get online as I'm reading this post....anyway, you could always boot into Windows, go here and download the kernel source (kernel-devel-*.rpm plus maybe some other rpms), copy them to a USB drive, then reboot into Fedora, mount the USB drive, and install the kernel source from there.

And what is this mysterious "extracted tar.gz file"?

Just Joined!
    I did lspci at the console and got the following output

00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection (rev 05)

Trusted Penguin
    That's a wired, not wireless, device - probably "eth0" to your system. Can you use this interface (i.e., run CAT-5 ethernet cable from it to your router/switch/modem), or do you have to use wireless? Do you know what your ip settings should be, or do you know you should be getting that from DHCP?

If you do need wireless, show the entire contents of your lspci command. You can also show the output of:
    Code:
    iwconfig