Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sorry, I'm a complete newbie at this, I just installed Fedora yesterday because Win7 was eating too much RAM, but I really don't know how to install anything. I knew ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Can't get Ninite (unattended installer) to Work

Sorry, I'm a complete newbie at this, I just installed Fedora yesterday because Win7 was eating too much RAM, but I really don't know how to install anything. I knew about this unattended installer, and I though that would help, but I can't even get that to work. I'm using Fedora 15 LXDE. It downloads as "Ninite.deb". That's all the info I can think to give at the moment. Please help.

Sincerely,
    A distressed noob.

YUM is the software installer on RedHat/Fedora/CentOS.
    This is CLI software if you want GUI then you want to install Yum Extender with
    Code:
    yum install yumex

Regards
    Robert

Linux
    The adventure of a life time.

Linux User #296285
    Get Counted

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin_S View Post
    Sorry, I'm a complete newbie at this, I just installed Fedora yesterday because Win7 was eating too much RAM, but I really don't know how to install anything. I knew about this unattended installer, and I though that would help, but I can't even get that to work. I'm using Fedora 15 LXDE. It downloads as "Ninite.deb".
    If you read the description of Ninite on the web site https://ninite.com/linux/ you will see that it is made for Ubuntu Linux, which is not Fedora.