Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
yup, any name for the php file but i'd suggest you use a. index.html b. Or change the DirectoryIndex to match your redirect.php If you have your apache installed, do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

yup, any name for the php file but i'd suggest you use

a. index.html
    b. Or change the DirectoryIndex to match your redirect.php

If you have your apache installed, do a grep -i directoryindex /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, tells you your apache default setting.

Just Joined!
    i will try it this week ths alot !

Just Joined!
    if it works out to your expectation, you're welcome

Just Joined!
    can i call it a DNS server?

Just Joined!
    Emm... i dont get your question. What do you mean if you can call it DNS server?

Just Joined!
    if i set this thing up. The server CALL DNS server ? Because I just call the support the said i need a DNS server to do the redirect.

Just Joined!
    Oh I get it.

To your question, no not necessarily. I'm in the opinion you dont need a DNS server. You need an apache+php on your end to handle the redirect http requests.

If i may know, how does the hosting company redirect your current website to your office server? If you can get an explaination from them how exactly they are going to "redirect" then we/others can discuss/provide answer to the problem.I can see couple of ways, one of it using DNS, firewall, proxy etc.

Just Joined!
    I have 3 website 1.com 2.co.uk 3.cn host in server call HOSTWEB.
    My office server call OFFICEHOST.
    when I call the support they said I need your server DNS NOT IP address to do the forward.
    What I should ask them?
    ths so much for the help

Just Joined!
    I'm going on a limb here but here goes:

From how you describe "support said I need your server DNS NOT IP address to do the forward"

This sounds to me the forwards is actually a dns zone forward (there could be more but this is what my limited knowledge tells me)

When a name query is done for 1.com, 2.co.uk and 3.cn, it looks for the dns record. Your hosting DNS then points/forwards it to your DNS.

If this is the case, then yes you would need your officehost to run a DNS daemon that is configured with a forward zone SOA config for 1.com, 2.co.uk and 3.cn. In those zones you then create the appropiate www A records so it points to which ever servers you have.

On the other hand I would think it would be easier if your hosting provider could just change the A record for those 1.com, 2.co.uk and 3.cn and points it to your officehost ip address but from the sound of it, they arent doing that.

Perhaps other users or gurus in Linux forums could advice or suggest quicker method to your problem.

Just Joined!
    every work out thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast