Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hello, I have just recently installed Fedora 15 64-Bit and have been enjoying it so far. However, I tried plugging in my Wireless USB Headset and I get no sound ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

No Sound - Logitech G930 Headset

Hello,
    I have just recently installed Fedora 15 64-Bit and have been enjoying it so far. However, I tried plugging in my Wireless USB Headset and I get no sound out of the headphones when I select them from the sound settings. I do get sound out of my speakers but none out of my headphones. Anyone have this problem before or any ideas for solutions?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    When you say that this is a wireless USB headset, does that mean it has its own USB transceiver dongle? Is the transceiver bluetooth?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    well it doesn't necessarily say that it is bluetooth... It just says it operates at a frequency of 2.4 GHz
    here is the actual info:

Wireless

Connection: 2.4 GHz RF
    Range: up to 40 feet (12 meters)*
    Audio stream: uncompressed 48 kHz
    Reception: dual antenna
    Interference resistance: forward error correction and dynamic channel selection

here is the link... logitech.com/en-us/gaming/headsets/devices/7248

In the sound settings it is recognized but for some reason I get no input or output.
    Thanks for your help in advance!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Ok. What window manager are you using - Gnome? or KDE?

Just Joined!
    I am using Gnome 3.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    I am using Gnome 3.0.1
    Ok. Right click on the sound icon in the top menu bar, and select "Sound Preferences". Select the "Hardware" tab, and you should be able to see the various sound devices you have installed, including the wireless headset. If that doesn't appear, then you will need to find a driver for the device. If it does appear, then select the "Output" tab and click on the headset entry to enable it. Then you can go back to the Hardware tab, select the headset, and click on the "Test Speakers" button to see if the device is working. You may need to adjust the output volume slider.

Just Joined!
    Interesting, I notice that I see the Wireless headset listed under Hardware, however I do not see it listed in the Output.

Quote Originally Posted by Advantage View Post
    Interesting, I notice that I see the Wireless headset listed under Hardware, however I do not see it listed in the Output.
    Then I suspect you need an appropriate driver for the device to work, or there needs to be something to activate it so the sound system recognizes it as an output device. When I activate my bluetooth headset, it shows up in Hardware, Input, and Output. Do you have the pulse audio drivers installed, or just the ALSA drivers?

Just Joined!
    I have no idea. Where can I get them?

Try this on a command line and post the output here:
    Code:
    yum list | grep -i pulse

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast