Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Team, First up I ahve only been administering liinux for a short amount of time so please bare with me (Noob Alert!!!!!!) I would like to know if it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Squid Config Question

Hi Team,

First up I ahve only been administering liinux for a short amount of time so please bare with me (Noob Alert!!!!!!)

I would like to know if it is possible to configure Squid to use two different sets of rules depending on what port the users have in the internet options settings...

for example.

users on port 3128 have access to only the sites listen in "Whitelist" where are users conecting on port 3129 can access any sites except those listed in the "blacklist."

any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Just Joined!
    Well if you are using port 3128 for squid which is the deafult one than you can implement settings as per your need regarding the accessing of users to a particular site

but if you are using port 3129 (which I have never tried) than you can implement other settings on this port for squid

The point is you or other users can use one port at a time for accessing the squid so you will have to mention both the white list and blacklist on the same port configuration file.