Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Friends ...... Can anybody tell me how to PXE boot the Windows XP and Linux(like CENTOS6) simultaneously from my Centos6 operated system...??? I have completed the PXE Boot of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

PXE Boot of Linux and Window

Hello Friends ......

Can anybody tell me how to PXE boot the Windows XP and Linux(like CENTOS6) simultaneously from my Centos6 operated system...???
    I have completed the PXE Boot of the Linux...

Please Help..!!!

Trusted Penguin
    What?

Do you mean boot a partition containing an installation of WinXP via the PXE boot menu? This is fairly straight-forward.

Or do you mean, use PXE to kickstart a network install of WinXP?

Just Joined!
    I just want PXEboot Menu of the Windows and Linux so that other PCs connected to my PC can easily install the OS according to their requirement. And windows installation should be from any type of image like .iso just as in linux pxeboot.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Trusted Penguin
    Okay, so the second thing, I take it. PXE booting a Windows install is not like it is in Linux (that is, straight-forward and easy). It can be done, though.

For the CentOS/Linux side, you should be able to get a PXE (DHCP/TFTP/Yum) server installed, configured and running yourself, after spending some time googling (try PXE Linux howto, e.g.). All the packages you need will be available in most Linux distros (dhcp, tftp-server, syslinux, and possibly httpd, createrepo, vsftpd, etc.). Report specific problems you encounter here and we'll help you.

For the Windows side, I got it working using this guide. Give it a whirl, and again, report back problems here, as you go.

Start with the Linux side, b/c you have to initially set up a PXE server and it is easier to do it on a Linux box.

Edit: just noticed you already did the Linux side...disregard, and get crackin on the Windows guide