Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
Fedora 16 64bit black screen after installation
I've been using OpenSuse 11.4 on my PC so yesterday I decided to try Fedora 16. As I've got 6GB RAM, I went for x64 platform. It installed without any issues but after installation all I'm getting is black screen with the mouse cursor. I've turned it off/on couple of times. I've found this bug listed on Fedora bugs site
At the end it says the issue is resolved but how do I fix it? I'm still amateur in the world of linux so any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
You need to run the fedora updates. Provided your network is working, all you need to do is get to a text-console and run the 'yum' tool. Try this:
* Turn on your computer and wait until it's booted, and you have the mouse pointer over the black screen
* Press CTRL-ALT-F2 and it should drop you into a text console
* Log-on using the 'root' user and your root password
* Type 'yum -y update' at the command prompt
* Wait until it completes (which could be a long time if you've never done this before)
* reboot the machine - a ctrl-alt-del at the command prompt should do it, or you could just type 'reboot' at the prompt. Or '/sbin/shutdown -r now' will do it.
When it restarts, all should now be well.Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/