Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hello everyone, I've been using OpenSuse 11.4 on my PC so yesterday I decided to try Fedora 16. As I've got 6GB RAM, I went for x64 platform. It installed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 11-25-2011 #1
Fedora 16 64bit black screen after installation
I've been using OpenSuse 11.4 on my PC so yesterday I decided to try Fedora 16. As I've got 6GB RAM, I went for x64 platform. It installed without any issues but after installation all I'm getting is black screen with the mouse cursor. I've turned it off/on couple of times. I've found this bug listed on Fedora bugs site
At the end it says the issue is resolved but how do I fix it? I'm still amateur in the world of linux so any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
- 11-25-2011 #2
You need to run the fedora updates. Provided your network is working, all you need to do is get to a text-console and run the 'yum' tool. Try this:
* Turn on your computer and wait until it's booted, and you have the mouse pointer over the black screen
* Press CTRL-ALT-F2 and it should drop you into a text console
* Log-on using the 'root' user and your root password
* Type 'yum -y update' at the command prompt
* Wait until it completes (which could be a long time if you've never done this before)
* reboot the machine - a ctrl-alt-del at the command prompt should do it, or you could just type 'reboot' at the prompt. Or '/sbin/shutdown -r now' will do it.
When it restarts, all should now be well.Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/