Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am fairly new to linux, Right now I am running a 64 bit RHEL 6.1 with 64 bit Firefox. I need to get sun java 32 bit browser ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

64 bit Rhel 6.1 but need 32 bit java plugin

Hi,

I am fairly new to linux, Right now I am running a 64 bit RHEL 6.1 with 64 bit Firefox.

I need to get sun java 32 bit browser plugin to work but I can't seem to find anything that will work.

Is the only solution to remove firefox and install the 32 bit version of firefox?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Well, you can install the 32-bit version of FF, but I think you still need the 32-bit JVM to run the plugin. In any case, the 64-bit JVM and plugin should be able to run 32-bit Java aps just fine. Unfortunately, a lot of web sites that have the Java plugin requirement, refuse to recognize that you have the 64-bit version installed... Myself, to deal with this cruft, I run 64-bit Chrome, and 32-bit FF on my RHEL (Scientific Linux) 6.1 system. Normally I use Chrome for browsing, but if I run into this problem on a site that I REALLY need to see/use, then I use the 32-bit FF.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!