Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Guys ! I have installed Virtual Box(latest version) in Ubuntu 10.04 as (Host) where - WinXP & Cent OS are guests. After installing the guest additions I am unable ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Post Virtual Box Screen Size & cursor Problem

Hi Guys !

I have installed Virtual Box(latest version) in Ubuntu 10.04 as (Host) where - WinXP & Cent OS are guests.

After installing the guest additions I am unable to get the full screen window size in Cent OS. I want the exact screen size of 1280x800 which is not available as option in centos-system-preferences-display. Suppose if i select the given higher resolutions, it will be small or very high where i'll have to scroll to get to see the whole desktop screen. Also there is NO /etc/X11/xorg.conf file in centos. In win Xp the screen is absolutely fine.

- How to get the right window size(just maximized size) from centos(guest) in Ubuntu (host). Do i have make changes in centos display files or Ubuntu-Vbox file?

- Also my mouse cursor is not synchronized in centos guest & ubuntu. where as in WinXp(guest) - Ubuntu (host) i am not having any problems as such. How to fix this?

Thanks in advance !

Linux Enthusiast
    You need to install virtualbox extensions within your guest OS. Then you can determine the resolution to may sizes as it installed an VirtualBox graphics card into the guest OS.

Question Question

Thanks

Where to change the resolution Manually from the guest os (mine is centos) bcoz if i type gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf it says no such file or directory !

i want the desired screen resolution of 1280x800. I already have other options of 1280x968,1440x900, 1600x900 etc...in system-display options but all these are small or too high.

i want to make it exactly 1280x800. Where to change this? in host or guest?

Thanks !