Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi guys, First post here Okay, we are having network issues on 3 of our production servers (Running Oracle) We are getting a lot of dropped connections and users are ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Networking issues

Hi guys,

First post here

Okay, we are having network issues on 3 of our production servers (Running Oracle)

We are getting a lot of dropped connections and users are complaining of losing connection to Oracle. Our 1 application servers network service also randomly stop/hangs.

We have confirmed with our network team that they don't pick up any dropped packets on the switches. We tried switching the mezzanine cards which didn't work. We increased the buffer on the network. We made configurations to the bnx2 drivers as well.

All 3 servers are running Red hat 5.3 (Tikanga)

Thanks in advance

Trusted Penguin
    Have you tried applying kernel updates (if you haven't done that already) from Red Hat? I assume here that you have a RHN subscription. There may be a fix to the bnx2 kernel driver there, or to the network layer in general.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    Have you tried applying kernel updates (if you haven't done that already) from Red Hat? I assume here that you have a RHN subscription. There may be a fix to the bnx2 kernel driver there, or to the network layer in general.
    Thanks for the update - we have received a workaround for the bnx2 drives - issues still persist. We have also updated the kernel recently. I have however discovered that the F5 device may be the cause. Currently no new dropped packets so we can't confirm this. Will update as soon as we know.

Thanks

Trusted Penguin
    Now that I think about it, I had an issue the bnx2 driver on some Fedora/RHEL boxes that was fixed with the
    Code:
    options bnx2 disable_msi=1
    modprobe command. Just throwing that out there...good luck.

Just Joined!
    Already tried that

Thanks