Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I have had minor problems with other Distros but nothing like this. I'm leaning more towards Mandriva and Mageia but I'll give Scientific a shot. I tried just to remove ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thanks for the Help!

I have had minor problems with other Distros but nothing like this. I'm leaning more towards Mandriva and Mageia but I'll give Scientific a shot.

I tried just to remove x without the dependencies and RPM would not do it. I tried to do the rest of the updates but CentOS 6 trashed my networking capabilities as well so Scientific is going to take it's place. It is too much work in console mode to get rid of the dependencies but thanks again for the great response!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by theKbStockpiler View Post
    I have had minor problems with other Distros but nothing like this. I'm leaning more towards Mandriva and Mageia but I'll give Scientific a shot.

I tried just to remove x without the dependencies and RPM would not do it. I tried to do the rest of the updates but CentOS 6 trashed my networking capabilities as well so Scientific is going to take it's place. It is too much work in console mode to get rid of the dependencies but thanks again for the great response!
    If you try Scientific Linux, go with 6.1, not 6.0, and 6.2 is still in beta. I've been very happy with 6.1.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by theKbStockpiler View Post

ah hell, it is always worth a shot. Anyway, good luck! Hopefully SL gets right whatever CentOS got wrong for you.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    ah hell, it is always worth a shot. Anyway, good luck! Hopefully SL gets right whatever CentOS got wrong for you.
    Well, I am prejudiced toward SL, since my wife's lab, and department, are the major maintainers of it! At least then, when there is a major problem, I can contact the appropriate people directly - not that it will help (they have a LOT on their plates)!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    If your x is busted and you just need a GUI long enough to take care of something, you can always restart, modify the grub kernel parameter by adding --nomodeselect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2