Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am trying to recover MySQL databases (which were properly shut down) from an EXT4 formatted hard disk. I loaded the SystemRescueCD distro that you can get online and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Recovering MySQL Database from EXT4 Formatted Hard Disk ...

Hello,

I am trying to recover MySQL databases (which were properly shut down) from an EXT4 formatted hard disk. I loaded the SystemRescueCD distro that you can get online and when running TestDisk I can see the partitions but I cannot recover said partitions because it tells me the structure is bad (any options here, by the way?)

With PhotoRec, I can recover parts of the MySQL Database but I cannot get the important *.MYD files because I guess PhotoRec doesn't have the signatures for that type of file.

So, any options I have at this point?

Thank you for your time.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    So, what happened to cause this situation?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    So, what happened to cause this situation?
    OK, had a virtual machine and the underlying hardware that the virtual machine was on failed (RAID Failure). Managed to recover most of the OS's and data off of the RAID (including this VHD file). So, I can get inside the VHD and, if I run PhotoRec I can get tons of different stuff but PhotoRec doesn't have the MySQL signatures. So I can't search for and retrieve those items.

Hope this explains stuff.

Thanks for your time.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close