Find the answer to your Linux question:
Where do you find this? and is it easy to just change slightly...I want to make the computer above the loading bar look different so I would assume I would ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Boot Screen

Where do you find this? and is it easy to just change slightly...I want to make the computer above the loading bar look different so I would assume I would just have to edit an image, I just cant find it.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks,

Zenatek
    www.stocentral.com
    www.battlefieldcentral.com

Re: Boot Screen

What do you call a "boot screen". Do you mean red hat graphical boot - rhgb?

Linux Enthusiast
    Probably- I remember messing with it once, try the /boot folder, I think that's where it was. I'll check when I get home.
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    the /boot folder includes only grub splash image but nth for rhgb. When I wanted to change the rhgb image I've downloaded the source rpm and did my own patched rpm with different images.

If you're referring to the grub splash image, then it's located in /boot/grup/ bf default and referred to in the /boot/grub/grub.conf. There are some specifications reguarding the size and colordepth of the image. Here is a quick overview of how to make your jpegs useable as a grub splash screen:

http://linux.tkdack.com/node.php?id=15

If you're referring to the bootsplash image that you see while your kernel is booting (after grub, before login), then you'll need to edit the picture is /etc/bootsplash/default/images. If you just edit the image, leaving it the same, then you'll have to run a command to replace the splash image.

Code:
    splash -s -f /etc/bootsplash/default/config/bootsplash-your-resolution.cfg > /boot/initrd-bootsplash
    Replace that config file with your own resolution's and the initrd-bootsplash with the one that's in there already. Alternatively, you can edit the /boot/grub/grub.conf and change the name of the initrd image.
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy