Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, Recently installed PUIAS Linux to give it a shot! So far i am not a happy camper :P The kernel on start-up keeps complaining about the Nouveau Driver. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

NVIDIA (Nouveau) Driver problems with PUIAS 6.2

Hi,
    Recently installed PUIAS Linux to give it a shot! So far i am not a happy camper :P

The kernel on start-up keeps complaining about the Nouveau Driver. The system works fine if i remove the Graphics card and run vga, but that is a hassle and inconvenient as my other OS's (Debian & Oracle Linux) use the graphics card. I have tried removing and installing the driver from the YUM repos but it will still complain on start-up. I haven't posted the lines because there is probably about 20 or more and it looks like memory or kernel references.

So i am going to try later installing the NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA's website and see if that solves the problem. I will update you when i have finished.

Any help would be great

Thanks SL6-A1000

Sorry for the double post, but i tried installing the NVIDIA Driver from their website. It finishes the installing and says nvidia.ko cannot be found/ started, this is without the actually graphics card inserted. If i run it with the graphic card i just get the same error, so i can't even install the driver with the GPU inserted.