Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have installed Fedora 16 on my Compaq laptop. I have set up the Desktop Sharing preferences. I want to do a remote desktop sharing from my MacBook to this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remote Desktop/Desktop Sharing on Fedora 16?

I have installed Fedora 16 on my Compaq laptop. I have set up the Desktop Sharing preferences.

I want to do a remote desktop sharing from my MacBook to this Fedora.
    I am able to SSH to Fedora from MacBook. But unable to do Remote Desktop to Fedora.

Is there any additional setup to be done. Please help!!

PEACE,
    Sandeep

Linux Enthusiast
    You'll need to use a client such as vncviewer to access your remote desktop.
    If on the other hand you just want to run X apps remotely, use the -X switch when connecting via ssh to open an X tunnel between the remote machine and your mac.
    RHCE #100-015-395
    Please don't PM me with questions as no reply may offend, that's what the forums are for.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by matonb View Post
    You'll need to use a client such as vncviewer to access your remote desktop.
    If on the other hand you just want to run X apps remotely, use the -X switch when connecting via ssh to open an X tunnel between the remote machine and your mac.
    Thanks so much .. Didn't know about -X option :P.. and i had set 5901 as Remote Desktop port in my router.. hence the issue.. cleared this port in firewall.. and it worked ..

PEACE,
    Sandeep

Just Joined!
    Have you tried VNC in Fedora?
    But im not sure access from MAC OS.
    Just try installing VNC in fedora and access the desktop with VNC viewer
    Some instructions at servercomputing.blogspot.com/2011/11/configure-vnc-server-in-linux.html