Find the answer to your Linux question:
i am a new user to linux and i have installed linux redhat 9 with gnome enviroment. i want to set up my internet connection for when im using linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

complete noob to linux setting up internet

i am a new user to linux and i have installed linux redhat 9 with gnome enviroment. i want to set up my internet connection for when im using linux so i dont have to boot into windows all the time.
    i have red other forums and dont understand a thing there saying with all the settings and folders and drivers (in linux terms). im using a speedtouch 330 usb modem which is apparently compatible with linux can somone explain to me please how to install theses drivers and set up the connection.
    its a 512connection via dile up.

Linux Engineer
    http://www.speedtouch.com/support.htm
    heres the site for the driver of your speedtouch 330

as for the settings, (in dont know if your distro, even if any distro, provide a PPPoE connectoid) so here one you can use here

ask if you need any further instruction
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Just Joined!
    linux is recognsing the modem and even giving me the name of it. but it isnt showing it on the modem list when i set p an internet connection.
    iv been looking everyware for a solution to this problem but everything seems to be on the text based or mandrake side of linux and nothing for the gnome visual side. non of this makes any sense as if its recognising the modem and giving me its name surly it has the drivers and therefor should show up in the modem list.

ps im getting a fail on bootup with laoding isdn devices or something like that??