Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, my name is TK. Yes, my name is actually TK. Anyway, not the point. I'm helping to run a video streaming site, and our server is running on Linux ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    T-K

Exclamation Trouble on a Linux server. CALLING ANYONE THAT CAN HELP!

Hello, my name is TK. Yes, my name is actually TK. Anyway, not the point. I'm helping to run a video streaming site, and our server is running on Linux Centos desktop version. He and I are both quite inexperienced with Linux, I more-so than he, but it's the only thing that will run the programs we need for our site. Even so, we have still run into a few problems, and we would like some help to fix them. Our problems are as listed below.

PHP will NOT install correctly
    XCache will not install because PHP isn't installed
    Emails aren't working

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by T-K View Post
    Hello, my name is TK. Yes, my name is actually TK. Anyway, not the point. I'm helping to run a video streaming site, and our server is running on Linux Centos desktop version. He and I are both quite inexperienced with Linux, I more-so than he, but it's the only thing that will run the programs we need for our site. Even so, we have still run into a few problems, and we would like some help to fix them. Our problems are as listed below.

PHP will NOT install correctly
    XCache will not install because PHP isn't installed
    Emails aren't working
    What Centos version are you running?

what's the error message when you try to install php?

Just Joined!
    Hello i am the other "guy" he mentioned.

We are running Centos 6.2

Cannot find PHP-Config is the error it is giving yet we are running PHP 5.4.0 but it was installed using the LNMP v0.8 installer.
    When i do a yum list php it shows no php is installed but is available to install when it is clearly installed cause we are running our site with no problems except installing APC / XCache

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close