Results 1 to 2 of 2
Hi All.. Any help with the following would be appreciated - thanks in advance All separate problems/Qs 1) (at work) I'm getting a bit bogged down with PXE installing Fedora ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- 04-20-2012 #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2005
Lots of questions...
All separate problems/Qs
1) (at work) I'm getting a bit bogged down with PXE installing Fedora 16... is it possible to use the ISO across PXE (has to use kickstart?)... I've got the vmlinuz and initrd to run accross PXE boot .. but then it bombs out (unsurprisingly because the files aren't available to it + dracut error) how should I make the ISO available ... I've been left a bit baffled by some of the PXE guides on the web
2) I'm a bit confused as to when to use: ip link commands...
3) On one machine with a virt-manager Fedora 16 + CentOS guest how could I sensibly go about learning LDAP
4) Same as 3 but storage clusters
5) somehow I've ended up with virbr0 and virbr1 on a laptop machine im installing (at work) .. could one of these be from the wireless ? no guest has been installed yet.. although kvm packages have been installed
- 04-28-2012 #2
- Join Date
- May 2011
As to your first question, you do not typically use an ISO to install Fedora over PXE (altho technically you could, but it is not straight-forward). You'd be best off mounting the ISO to a local filesystem, then copying all the files to a local directory (on the same machine as your PXE server ideally). Then serve up that directory as a Yum repo (via FTP/HTTP/NFS).
The dracut errors sound odd. Are you sure you are using the vmlinuz and initrd from the pxe directory of the Fedora DVD? e.g.:
Index of /pub/fedora/linux/releases/16/Everything/i386/os/images/pxeboot
What does your PXE client boot line look like? Are you passing the path to the installation repo?