Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all I just installed F16, installed Android SDK, Eclipse and stuff, and migrated to this system with many important files. Today I accidentally shut it down via power button ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Cannot start x after bootsplash

Hi all
    I just installed F16, installed Android SDK, Eclipse and stuff, and migrated to this system with many important files. Today I accidentally shut it down via power button while loggin off.

Now, when i boot it, via the normal kernel, it freezes after the bootsplash goes, with 2 lines written on the screen. The text is sth. like loading initial ramdisk image.

I am on a Presario CQ62, 2 gb ram, around 2 ghz of cpu, dual booted w/ win7(were installed before fedora).

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by g_k_1993 View Post
    Hi all
    I just installed F16, installed Android SDK, Eclipse and stuff, and migrated to this system with many important files. Today I accidentally shut it down via power button while loggin off.

Now, when i boot it, via the normal kernel, it freezes after the bootsplash goes, with 2 lines written on the screen. The text is sth. like loading initial ramdisk image.

I am on a Presario CQ62, 2 gb ram, around 2 ghz of cpu, dual booted w/ win7(were installed before fedora).
    You can do a one time modification of boot parameters like this:

1. On kernel selection screen press enter
    2. Select the kernel line and press e
    3. Remove quiet from the kernel line
    4. press b to boot

This should give you more details of what the problem is.

Just Joined!
    thanks manyrootsofallevil, i found out the problem, which was a wrong 10-synaptics.conf file. I have misconfigured it.