Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I need help on activating Java for browsers of my Fedora 16, firstly for Chrome, which is my default, and if not possible, for Firefox. Actually I didn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Java is killing me!

Hi all, I need help on activating Java for browsers of my Fedora 16, firstly for Chrome, which is my default, and if not possible, for Firefox.

Actually I didn't look up the internet for Firefox and Java and I think resources would be found after a short session of digging. So I am asking how to activate java 7 comes along w/ jdk1.7.0_03 package or jre1.7.0_04 package for Chrome (not Chromium).

I think I need to declare java and javac is working alright, and I can run the latest Eclipse Java EE software.

Trusted Penguin
    Quote Originally Posted by g_k_1993 View Post
    Hi all, I need help on activating Java for browsers of my Fedora 16, firstly for Chrome, which is my default, and if not possible, for Firefox.

Actually I didn't look up the internet for Firefox and Java and I think resources would be found after a short session of digging. So I am asking how to activate java 7 comes along w/ jdk1.7.0_03 package or jre1.7.0_04 package for Chrome (not Chromium).

I think I need to declare java and javac is working alright, and I can run the latest Eclipse Java EE software.
    have you tried the icedtea java plugin in the Fedora repos?

Code:
     yum install icedtea-web
    that works for me, on Fedora 15 anyway.

you can test if java is working here.

if that doesn't work, you can try downloading Java, installing it, and copying (or symlinking) the included plugin to the google chrome plugin directory. see here for one example of how to do that.

Just Joined!
    I'm trying the icedtea right now as I have tried other solutions you've written. wish it doesnt affect the default compiler and java runtime as I'm planning to learn java developing based on Android platform. thanks anyway.