Find the answer to your Linux question:
Sir, I think you are using CKEditor rich text editor for this page. I also tried to implement that in my webmail server using squirrelmail. for composing the mail I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

A request to Linux Forum Administrator.

Sir,

I think you are using CKEditor rich text editor for this page. I also tried to implement that in my webmail server using squirrelmail. for composing the mail I can use CKEditor. Please tell me one thing. In my server the enter key default function is paragraph. How can I change that to break as you did. Please help me. I am requesting you...

I'm not able to answer your question the way you really want - and I'm not sure the owners/sysadmins of Linux Forums will be able to help you either. The software here is a version of vBulletin, and is implemented, I believe, as a package with most customisations done by stylesheet. I could be wrong, though...

Actually I find it odd that you're hacking Squirrelmail in this way. I use squirrelmail for my own email gateway - and I know it is limited in its HTML/rich text email display. Have you thought of trying out one of the other email tools that might do what you're trying to do, but do it out of the box? The one I've been evaluating recently (actually my wife has it installed on her own business server) is Roundcube.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by vich00ss View Post
    Please tell me one thing. In my server the enter key default function is paragraph. How can I change that to break as you did. Please help me. I am requesting you...
    Hello

No changes were made from our end with this plugin other than installing it, so you might need to ask for support relating to your needs at the CKEditor website.
    oz

Just Joined!

Thank you...

Thanks for your replay... Sir actually I was not trying to hack the squirrel mail.. CKeditor is pretty good and I have customized the toolbar. Actually my users are requires a webmail with at-least bold,italics and underline fascility. So I customised the tool bar as they suggest and I have successfully included that in squirrelmail. I heared about roudcube. But i never tried,,, Now I am trying to install roundqube as you suggested,... anyways thank you for your time... Have a nice weekend.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oz View Post
    Hello

No changes were made from our end with this plugin other than installing it, so you might need to ask for support relating to your needs at the CKEditor website.
    Thank you sir.. I will try.... Once I have tried... They are suggesting to edit the enterkey function.. from our side we had tried.. but its not really working fine... If we press enter paragraph is coming.. for a line break you have to press Shift+enter. I really cant understand what the mean by enter ....